Here is a list of the tools I use for work, inspired by this post from Wes Bos.
Computer / Office
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- Desk: Updown Desk 180cm Bamboo standing desk
- Monitor: Samsung U28H75x
- Keyboard: Keychron K2
- Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3
- Trackpad: Apple Magic Trackpad 2
- Editor: Visual Studio Code (Settings / Extensions)
- Theme: Night Owl
- Font: IBM Plex Mono
- Terminal(s): Integrated terminal in VS Code with Fig, Warp
- dog (a better dig)
- volta (a better nvm)
- gh (for working with GitHub)
- node/npm (duh)
- pnpm (npm alternative that Thinkmill sponsors)
Brave is pretty decent, it's basically Google Chrome without all the gross Google stuff. This is my primary browser.
Safari is better than people give it credit for, but I have to admit the dev tools aren't as good, and there are still plenty of websites that don't work as well in it (or at at all in some cases, but I don't think this is necessarily Safari's fault). I use Safari to keep work and personal stuff seperate as well as access tabs that I have open on my phone.
I keep trying to use Arc because it's very well designed, but I'm not sure it's for me. I'm still experimenting though.
- Affinity Designer
- Fantastical 3
- CleanMyMac X
- CleanShot X